Monday, May 2, 2011

The Very Hungry Little Caterpillar Felt Food

One of my favourite stories growing up was Eric Carle's 'The Very Hungry Little Caterpillar'. I could read this book over and over, trying to put my fingers though the holes and reciting the amount of food that the caterpillar ate.

As an adult, I have enjoyed reading this story to my school children and now have the privilege of sharing it with my four year old. We read this book together regularly and it's nice to see he gets just as much enjoyment as I do.

I was quite taken back when I came across this delightful blog 'Tea Rose Home' to find that the writer and creator behind the scenes, 'Sachiko' had recreated the food from this story all from felt.

What a wonderful way to enjoy this book and encourage role play. It makes me think about all the felt in the cupboard may have a use after all. In the meantime, I will keep playing with my Magnetic puzzle from the The Very Hungry Caterpillar.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin