Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Smoked Paprika Chicken and Lemon Bake




Emptying out the deep freezer and found some chicken drumsticks so I turned old faithful Donna Hay books for some inspiration. I found this super easy recipe, preparation took 10 mins and dinner was done.

Smoked Paprika Chicken and Lemon Bake
1.5 kg Chicken pieces ( I had drumsticks only) 
1 lemon sliced
1 cup (120g pitted olives)
2 chorizo sliced (I only used one)
4 cloves of garlic, unpeeled
1 cup (250ml) chic stock
50g butter, melted
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
sea salt and cracked black pepper


Preheat oven to 200'C (400'F). Place the chicken, lemon, olives, chorizo, garlic, stock and butter in a baking dish and sprinkle with paprika, salt and pepper. Roast for 40-45 mis or until the chicken is golden and cooked through. 




Image courtesy of Donna Hay 

This recipe can be found in the latest edition of Donna Hay's 10th Anniversary Magazine. I have ordered her latest book. Cannot wait to get my hot hands onto it. Merry Christmas to me I say. Well the family benefits so really it's for everyone. That's fair isn't it? 













No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin